Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zoe B Zoe B is offline

Default opening same file on 2 computers simultaneously with excel 2007

Hi there,

We have recently upgraded from excel 2003 to 2007. In 2003 we could open a
file on one computer and work on it and we could open a read only version on
a second computer. Now we have excel 2007 this does not work. If a file is
open in 2007 and we try to open a second copy a message appears saying

"file name" cannot be found, check spelling or try different path

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions gratefully recieved. We
have tried unchecking the ignore other programmes button and tried
reregistering using /regserver

Thanks
Zoe