Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Exported file to WP as merge. Now is corrupt. Data lost. He

Without knowing what your data looks like, it's hard to be sure, but you
could try pasting it into column A, then using Data/Text to Columns to
separate the fields into other columns.

In article ,
Patty wrote:

Yes, I have the data just fine in Word Perfect. How do I copy and paste it
into a new excel file? It is all in a line of fields. How do I make each
(like field 2) go into the second column on an excel sheet?
"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Can you open the file in WP and see the data? Simply opening it
shouldn't have affected the data, so I wonder if you saved it
(overwriting the original) inadvertently.

If so, you may be able to copy the data and paste it into a new workbook.

If you did overwrite it, and if you don't have a backup, you're probably
not getting the data back.

In article ,
Patty wrote:

I opened an excel file in Word Perfect to use as a merge data file, but
now
my excel file looks like a bunch of squarish circles and symbols with a
few
words. How do I get my excel data back?