Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MH[_2_] MH[_2_] is offline

Default Setting up a database in excel

I think you are refering to the developer edition which is a bit more
expensive.

MH

"JackShephard" wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 29 May 2007 22:21:58 +0100, "MH" wrote:

You really need to spend some cash and get Access.

Reporting functionality is built-in, so is support for forms.

MH

Doesn't an Access database allow non-access owners to "access" it, as in
a runtime engine?

If that is the case, then they would most benefit from buying the
Office Pro suite, as you get the most bang for the buck, and if you DL
the trial version, you can sneak by on cost with the upgrade, IIRC.

It truly is a remarkable suite. After years of using Office products
at work, this is the first one I actually sprang for at home, and I can
Thank MS for the Vista trial, as well as the Office trial for that sale.

I bought both Vista Ultimate, and Office Pro, and feel that they will
last me for years, because as little as I use them all (except for the OS
of course), I should not need to further keep up with the Joneses for a
long time to come. It is an astounding package though.

I am truly impressed by it, and have yet to use PowerPoint or
Publisher.

I should write a "MicroSoft isn't as bad as everyone says it is" book,
because they have really brought together some great works this time.