Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Patty Patty is offline

Default Exported file to WP as merge. Now is corrupt. Data lost. He

Yes, I have the data just fine in Word Perfect. How do I copy and paste it
into a new excel file? It is all in a line of fields. How do I make each
(like field 2) go into the second column on an excel sheet?
"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Can you open the file in WP and see the data? Simply opening it
shouldn't have affected the data, so I wonder if you saved it
(overwriting the original) inadvertently.

If so, you may be able to copy the data and paste it into a new workbook.

If you did overwrite it, and if you don't have a backup, you're probably
not getting the data back.

In article ,
Patty wrote:

I opened an excel file in Word Perfect to use as a merge data file, but now
my excel file looks like a bunch of squarish circles and symbols with a few
words. How do I get my excel data back?