Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Change Y-Axis Run length?

Why does the Y axis of a line chart go from 1 to 52 for 52 weeks worth of
data?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Phil Smith" wrote in message
I have a data table that uses data by week. That data has 52 weeks. I
build a linechart and end up with a Y axis running from 1 to 52. Great.

I replace that Data table via Cut and Paste with a data table that only
goes from 1 to 26. The data in my chart changes to reflect that, (good,)
but the Y-Axis still goes from 1 to 52, instead of 1 to 26. This wastes
half of the space in my graph. I am going to eventually automate this
with data From Access.

How can I reset that Y-Axis to reflect the data?

Thanx

Phil