RobShep

Thanks Debra, I obviously cant quickly coulour my option in the drop box, I
have 10 in my list, formatting the cells only formats the area the info for
the drop list is located and doesnt tranfer colouring to the list on the page
I Enter my Data
Thanks anyway
p.s i am only a part time user and programming is an area I am not skilled
cheers
Rob

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

You can't format the items in a data validation dropdown list. You could
use conditional formatting to colour the cell, if there are only three
options. For more than three, you'd need to use programming to format
the cells.

RobShep wrote:
how do I change the colour of the text in a drop box list I have created
Can I also change the colour of the cell fro different words in the list

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List