Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Raj Raj is offline

Default SOS

Hi Ron,

You saved my life mate. I had this due tomorrow, and I was about to ask for
an extension. Thanks again.

Cheers,

Raj

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

With this set up...

On a sheet named CostSheet, this configuration in A1:F4

Ent Div Dept Bin Item Total
aa aa aa aa aa (blank)
bb cc dd ee ff (blank)
cc dd ee ff gg (blank)

And, on a sheet named ChangeSheet, this configuration in A1:F5

Ent Div Dept Bin Item Amount
aa aa aa aa aa 10
bb cc dd ee ff 100
cc dd ee ff gg 1000
aa aa aa aa aa 10

Try this
On the ChangeSheet create a helper column
G1: REF
G2: =A2&B2&C2&D2&E2
Copy that formula down as far as you need.
(The formula concatenates the account codes)
(In my example, G2 returns "aaabaaabaa")

Now...on the CostSheet

F2:
=SUMIF(ChangeSheet!$G$1:$G$20,CostSheet!A2&CostShe et!B2&CostSheet!C2&CostSheet!D2&CostSheet!E2,Chang eSheet!$F$1:$F$20)
Copy that formula down as far as you need

In my example, F2 returns 20, because 2 rows contain the aaabaaabaa
account codes, at $10 each.

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Raj" wrote:

, spread acrossHi Folks,

Am new to this forum. I have a problem with comparing b/w 5 sets of cells
on two different worksheets and pulling in the sume. For e.g., any line item
in this cost report has a unique 10 character ID (2 characters each spread
across 5 cells). This is the Cost account for a particular line item. I
have about 200 line items in this cost report. Now this sheet needs to be
linked to another worksheet (Change order log) to bring in total change
orders against one particular line item.

So the task at hand for me is to compare b/w 5 cells in one sheet to the
corresponding 5 cells in another sheet, and return the sum of all the rows
where the 5 cells match exactly. Hope some of the experts here can drop a
line. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Raj.

P.S. Please see the typical columns to compare.

WBS Code

01 03 01 01 00
01 03 01 02 00
01 03 01 03 00