Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
new2this new2this is offline

Default trying to help a friend

Hi, I've never used Microsoft excel. But, a friend of mine just took a job as
assistant manager. And she has been creating a day by day sales report and a
total monthly report using excel. The problem is all the format for dollar
signs and totals have disappeared. I'd like to be able to help her. But, I
don't know how to get the format right again. (I surely don't want to mess it
up further!) So, how do I begin to get the dollar signs back and get it to do
all the daily totals and totals for the month? Thank you for any and all
help. :0)