Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Removing spaces at the end of numbers

Yes but it won't work if it is a trailing html character
which happens quite often with downloads

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"DaveMoore" wrote in message
ups.com...
You could also try Data Text to Columns

On 4 May, 06:08, "Peo Sjoblom"
wrote:

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutionswww.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"Chris T." <Chris wrote in

I downloaded some online financial data to excel. One sheet is out of
whack.
All numbers are registering as text (I used istext to check) and there
are
two spaces at the end of each number (i.e. 477.5 )-notice 2 spaces
before
the end parentheses. This keeps me from doing any formulas or
calculations
with these cells (about 11 columns with 245 rows - thats why I don't
want
retype the data). How do I remove the two spaces? Is there a macro?
Excel
function? I tried =LEFT(C14,FIND(" ",C14,1)), hoping to take the
leftmost
values before the space, but no go. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.- Hide quoted text -