Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Percent change between two worksheets on same spreadsheet

Might be worth checking Tools/ Options/ Calculation, and make sure it's set
to Automatic.
--
David Biddulph

"Thank you, Heath" wrote in
message ...
I got it...I just re-enterred the formula for the sums of the coloums and
it
worked...i didnt chage the formulas that added the coloums, i just merely
re-entered it.

thank you
Heath

"Toppers" wrote:

No it doesn't matter that the cells contain a formula BUT what are
results ..
what are the numeric values of the SUMs.

I have tried the formula exactly as I gave to you and it works fine,

"Thank you, Heath" wrote:

The data in each cell is the result of adding the coloums...What I am
trying
to do is get the percent difference between each week of the year for
2006 as
compared to the same week for 2007. The results in C50 and D50 are the
sums
of all the sales for each Week 1 in 2006 and 2007 respectively. So
there is a
formula (=SUM(D6:D49) in C50 and D50.

"Toppers" wrote:

What is the data in the two cells?

"Thank you, Heath" wrote:

The cell is formatted for percent.

I will try the formula you gave me...I just pasted the formula and
made sure
all the cells were correct, but it still gives me %0.00...???

"Toppers" wrote:

Percentage change is difference between the two years divided by
the base
year (2006):

=('2007'!D50-'2006'!C50)/'2006'!C50

with cell formatted as %

For your formula, how is the cell formatted?

HTH

"Thank you, Heath" wrote:

Hi,

On Sheet #1 I have a list of amounts that I have added together
for week one
in 2006. On Sheet #2 I have a list of amounts for week 1 2007.
I want to a
find the difference in percet from week 1 in 2006 to week 1 in
2007. When I
do the operation it keeps giving me an answer of zero. ??? Im
confucsed it
seems like a simple operation.

This is the formula that is giving me the answer of zero: (2006
is the name
of sheet #1, this formula is on sheet #2 called 2007)

='2006'!C50/'2007'!D50

thank you
Heath Taubitz
Lockheed Martin