Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default ISBLANK FUNCTION

Hi Bill

Try
=LEN(CD15)
If it is 0, then there is nothing in the cell. If greater than 0, then
there is something there.
If you use
=CODE(CD15)
then if it contains a space it will return 32, or the ascii code for the
character that is there.
It will return #VALUE if the cell is empty.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Bill R" wrote in message
How do I find out if I have invisible characters?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you have a formula in CD15 then it is not blank and Excel will
return
FALSE

Try this instead

=IF(Sheet1!CD15="","",Sheet1!BU6)

If you don't have a formula in CD15 then you must have invisible
characters
in the cell

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"Bill R" wrote in message
I am using ISBLANK in a formula and it keeps returning "false" when
it
should
be returning "true", because (SHEET1!CD15) is blank. What could be
causing
this problem?

This is my formula: =IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1!CD15),"",Sheet1!BU6)

Thanks, Bill