Phil

Default Creating "factorial" result from three lists...

We want to create fictional character names for a children's project,
and have selected 30 first names, 30 last names, and want to include 26

(a-z) middle initials. Therefore there are 30x30x26 = 23,400 possible
unique names in the format of "First MI Last" such as "James B. Happy"
that we wish to create and print a few hundred at a time onto paper
dolls.

(We have 30 other first names for females, and can just do the required

operation twice, so please ignore that complicating factor)

Question is how can we take these three fields of 26, 30 and 30 records

each, in either Excel 2000 or Access 2000 and end up with the 23400
names in a single field or comma delimited form.

Our futile attempt yesterday had us researching combing "strings" and
"concatenation" and "factorial functions"- and we couldnt figure it
out.

Do we start with one table with three fields, or three tables with one
field each. Where do we input the required function? Thanks.