Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Lincoln Mark Lincoln is offline

Default Formula Question

On Apr 23, 11:46 pm, "OdAwG" wrote:
Hello All,

I was wondering if there is a way to save my formula that references another
sheet from going to #REF when the sheet is deleted and then recreated.

In my main sheet called Master, I have the following formula in G1
=Roster!$D$8

When ever my Roster sheet gets deleted and rebuilt, my formula above always
goes to the following
=#REF!$D$8.

If it is possible, how can i prevent this from happening because now what I
have to do is go to every cell and change it form
=REF!$D$8 to =Roster!$D$8 to pull my values over.

Argus

Can't you simply clear the data from the Roster sheet rather than
deleting it? That would prevent the #REF errors.

Mark Lincoln