Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Excel Icons

You're right, Dave, it is just XLSM files, or at least not XLSX files.

Rob - It's just supposed to warn you that this file type has macros, or will
if the file is properly named. I don't think there is anything wrong with
your machine. Excel 2007 is generally quite a bit slower than Excel 2003.
Excel 2007 has the XLSB (B=binary) for situations where file loading speed
is an issue.

--
Jim
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Does the exclamation point only show up when you use an extension that
indicates
the workbook contains macros?

Rob wrote:

Sorry Jim, not enough info. By icons I mean the icons in Windows
explorer
to the left of the file name. Or the icon that's created when creating a
shortcut. As soon as I save a file to the 2007 version an exclamtion
mark
appears as part of the icon at the bottom right. Something like that
would
normally indicate to me that there was some type of error, but all that
I've
done is save the file to the new .xlsm format. I notice that if I simply
change a file name's extension from .xls to .xlsm that the same small
black
(with yellow background) exclamation mark appears. I think it's showing
that something's amiss with my installation, but I'm not sure.
The reason this is concerning me is that as soon as I do save to the new
format that new file behaves VERY slow, particularly in calculations,
opening, etc.

Rob

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
No idea what you're talking about. What 'icon'?

--
Jim
"Rob" wrote in message
Sorry to post this again, but I did not receive any comments.

Anyone know why the 2007 Excel Icons have an exclamation mark in them?
Is
this normal or does it mean something's wrong?

Rob

--

Dave Peterson