Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Text Box Rotation

If the textbox points at a cell, why use the text box at all?

Why not just
edit|copy the picture
select a new location
shift-edit|paste picture link

And rotate that picture.

Garyw wrote:

Peo,

That worked great except for one thing.
The text box has a cell reference in it.
Example: Worksheet!$C$27
It doesn't work after text box is pasted into worksheet.
Any ideas?
--
Garyw

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You cannot rotate a text box, here's a workaround from Bernard Liengme
Make a textbox with text and everything, click the textbox frame to make it
active, hold down shift and do editcopy picture, paste the picture where
you want it, now you can rotate it the way you rotate an autoshape by
grabbing the green handle at the top

Peo Sjoblom

"Garyw" wrote in message
The "Alignment" tab only deals with the text. The box itself doesn't
rotate
with text.
--
Garyw

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Check under the 'Alignment' tab.

HTH,
Paul

"Garyw" wrote in message
I've created a text box and I want to rotate it 30 degrees.
I've right clicked and picked "Format Text Box" and selected to "Size"
tab.
The rotate box is shaded and I cannot change this setting. Why not?
--
Garyw

--

Dave Peterson