Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text Box Rotation

I've created a text box and I want to rotate it 30 degrees.
I've right clicked and picked "Format Text Box" and selected to "Size" tab.
The rotate box is shaded and I cannot change this setting. Why not?
--
Garyw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to Insert-Picture-Autoshape and choose your shape. Then add text. Then
(ex. rectangle) you should have a green dot that you can click and drag to
rotate the box and it's contents. You should not have to right click and
format the box. You can rotate the autoshape at anytime after it is created.

"Garyw" wrote:

I've created a text box and I want to rotate it 30 degrees.
I've right clicked and picked "Format Text Box" and selected to "Size" tab.
The rotate box is shaded and I cannot change this setting. Why not?
--
Garyw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot rotate a text box, here's a workaround from Bernard Liengme
Make a textbox with text and everything, click the textbox frame to make it
active, hold down shift and do editcopy picture, paste the picture where
you want it, now you can rotate it the way you rotate an autoshape by
grabbing the green handle at the top

Peo Sjoblom

"Garyw" wrote in message
I've created a text box and I want to rotate it 30 degrees.
I've right clicked and picked "Format Text Box" and selected to "Size"
tab.
The rotate box is shaded and I cannot change this setting. Why not?
--
Garyw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We're almost there. The shape (rectangle) will rotate to the setting I make in
"Format Autoshape" size, rotation setting. However, the text can only be
rotated to
vertical or horizontal. It does not rotate with the rectangle. Where is the
setting for rotating it to a say 30 degree angle?
--
Garyw

"Garyw" wrote:

I've created a text box and I want to rotate it 30 degrees.
I've right clicked and picked "Format Text Box" and selected to "Size" tab.
The rotate box is shaded and I cannot change this setting. Why not?
--
Garyw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Peo has got it. i tried it and it works. Peo - I know you can help me w/ my ?
two slots up. "Highlighting"
Please see if you know the answer.

"Garyw" wrote in message
I've created a text box and I want to rotate it 30 degrees.
I've right clicked and picked "Format Text Box" and selected to "Size"
tab.
The rotate box is shaded and I cannot change this setting. Why not?
--
Garyw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Peo,

That worked great except for one thing.
The text box has a cell reference in it.
Example: Worksheet!$C$27
It doesn't work after text box is pasted into worksheet.
Any ideas?
--
Garyw

"Garyw" wrote in message
I've created a text box and I want to rotate it 30 degrees.
I've right clicked and picked "Format Text Box" and selected to "Size"
tab.
The rotate box is shaded and I cannot change this setting. Why not?
--
Garyw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the textbox points at a cell, why use the text box at all?

Why not just
edit|copy the picture
select a new location
shift-edit|paste picture link

And rotate that picture.

"Garyw" wrote in message
I've created a text box and I want to rotate it 30 degrees.
I've right clicked and picked "Format Text Box" and selected to "Size"
tab.
The rotate box is shaded and I cannot change this setting. Why not?
--
Garyw

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bod Bod is offline

Hi! 2 things:
What do you mean by shift-edit | paste picture link?
I'm in Excel 2007 - when rotating a _shape_ it rotates the text too.
Is there a way to tell it I want the shape rotated or flipped but the text
the right way up?
Thanks.

"Garyw" wrote in message
I've created a text box and I want to rotate it 30 degrees.
I've right clicked and picked "Format Text Box" and selected to "Size"
tab.
The rotate box is shaded and I cannot change this setting. Why not?
--
Garyw

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In xl2003 menus, you can hold down the shift key while clicking on Edit and you
get a different option (Paste picture link).

Do you see that as one of the options in the Paste button dropdown?

If no, maybe someone with xl2007 handy can chime in.