Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
danhattan danhattan is offline

Default Sort of truncated; sort of not.

I copied an entry from project management software we use called ClearQuest,
and pasted it directly into an Excel cell (after pressing F2 to make the
formula bar active). The entry is 312 words, and 1630 characters.

On screen and on the print preview, only the first 180 words and 941
characters of the pasted entry are visible. However, if I put the cursor in
the cell, the entire entry is visible in the formula bar.

Sorta truncated, sorta not. Anyone have any ideas on what would cause this
behavior? Is there a cause, or is it just a one-off fluke?

Thanks in advance to all for any thoughts.