Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
knghtrvn knghtrvn is offline

Default Link diverts to c drive when emailed to colleagues

The link that changes is a vlookup funtion to another workbook. Opening both
my operating file and the datasource, when adding the the indirect funtion -
the cell only ref's out.

any other suggestions?

"bj" wrote:

one way is to rewrite the equations using the indirect function, so that the
referece will stay the same no matter where the program is run from.

"knghtrvn" wrote:

Weekly I send out files to be completed and returned. Budget data is linked
to a datatable on our servers k drive. Whenever I email the file - the link
switches from k: to c: or worse, the whole path changes to their local
settings.

How can I stop this from happening?