Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

Default How to apply conditional formatting on group of cells by using

hi,
it does not work

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Jon

=AND($B9<"",TODAY()-$B9+10)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Jon" wrote in message
what about apply the CF 1 day before the specific date

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Jon

Yes, from your description, column B contains the last working day.
The column is Fixed with $B but the row is relative and will change
from
1 to 2 etc. as you go down the page.
So if you were looking at row 9, the formula would have become
=AND($B9<"",TODAY()-$B90)

We need the test to see whether column B is empty, otherwise all
blank
rows would be formatted with your chosen format as well.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Jon" wrote in message
thanks a lost , it works
but for more clarification the B1 is the cell for "Last working Day
Date"

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Jon

Mark the range of cells you want to apply the CF to.
FormatConditional Formattinguse dropdown for Formula is
=AND($B1<"",TODAY()-$B10)
Choose Format you require.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Jon" wrote in message
I have a sheet for tracking vacation plan. In this sheet I want
make a
conditional formatting. The sheet contains three columns, the
first
one is
employee name, and the second one is last working day, the third
one
is
return to work. I want to apply specific conditional formatting
on
the
three
columns by special conditional as follows:
If the last working day date is over due itself, the all columns
be
filled with color automatically.
Your help is highly appreciated