Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

Default How to apply conditional formatting on group of cells by using dat

Hi,
I have a sheet for tracking vacation plan. In this sheet I want to make a
conditional formatting. The sheet contains three columns, the first one is
employee name, and the second one is last working day, the third one is
return to work. I want to apply specific conditional formatting on the three
columns by special conditional as follows:
If the last working day date is over due itself, the all columns to be
filled with color automatically.
Your help is highly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jon

Mark the range of cells you want to apply the CF to.
FormatConditional Formattinguse dropdown for Formula is
=AND($B1<"",TODAY()-$B10)
Choose Format you require.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Jon" wrote in message
I have a sheet for tracking vacation plan. In this sheet I want to
make a
conditional formatting. The sheet contains three columns, the first
one is
employee name, and the second one is last working day, the third one
is
return to work. I want to apply specific conditional formatting on the
three
columns by special conditional as follows:
If the last working day date is over due itself, the all columns to be
filled with color automatically.
Your help is highly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

Default How to apply conditional formatting on group of cells by using

thanks a lost , it works
but for more clarification the B1 is the cell for €śLast working Day Date€ť

"Jon" wrote in message
I have a sheet for tracking vacation plan. In this sheet I want to
make a
conditional formatting. The sheet contains three columns, the first
one is
employee name, and the second one is last working day, the third one
is
return to work. I want to apply specific conditional formatting on the
three
columns by special conditional as follows:
If the last working day date is over due itself, the all columns to be
filled with color automatically.
Your help is highly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jon

Yes, from your description, column B contains the last working day.
The column is Fixed with $B but the row is relative and will change from
1 to 2 etc. as you go down the page.
So if you were looking at row 9, the formula would have become
=AND($B9<"",TODAY()-$B90)

We need the test to see whether column B is empty, otherwise all blank
rows would be formatted with your chosen format as well.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Jon" wrote in message
thanks a lost , it works
but for more clarification the B1 is the cell for "Last working Day
Date"

"Jon" wrote in message
I have a sheet for tracking vacation plan. In this sheet I want to
make a
conditional formatting. The sheet contains three columns, the first
one is
employee name, and the second one is last working day, the third
one
is
return to work. I want to apply specific conditional formatting on
the
three
columns by special conditional as follows:
If the last working day date is over due itself, the all columns to
be
filled with color automatically.
Your help is highly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jon

=AND($B9<"",TODAY()-$B9+10)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Jon" wrote in message
I have a sheet for tracking vacation plan. In this sheet I want
make a
conditional formatting. The sheet contains three columns, the
first
one is
employee name, and the second one is last working day, the third
one
is
return to work. I want to apply specific conditional formatting
on
the
three
columns by special conditional as follows:
If the last working day date is over due itself, the all columns
be
filled with color automatically.
Your help is highly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc