Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Excel Vista Problem messing up how Excel Displays?

I'm curious (since I haven't seen the issue either) - what do you mean by "
lower part of the spreadsheet"?

I'm thinking that possibly where you are seeing lines on part of the sheet
you have cell borders drawn and what you are not seeing are the gridlines,
which may be turned off. Look in Tools | Options | [View] and see whether or
not Gridlines is checked or not, if not, check the box to turn gridline
display back on.

" wrote:

I have an interesting problem. I have loaded MS Office 2003 on a new
computer with Vista on it. When I view Excel spreadsheets the lines
and the lower part of the spreadsheet does not appear. If there is
highlighting in cells, then that is the only part of the contents that
appear. When you move the cursor over the cells and select them, the
contents, borders, everything amazingly appears and is there. I have
tried different display settings on my computer, minimizing and
restoring, etc. No change.
I do a lot of work with spread sheets so this is a real problem. I
have reinstalled Office and still the same thing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.