Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike McCollister Mike McCollister is offline

Default Machine With Two Versions of Excel Installed

Martin,

Thanks. I'll try that if Dave's suggestion does not work.

Mike

"MartinW" wrote in message
Hi Mike,

You can do that through your windows settings
Goto StartSettingsControl PanelFolder Options click on the
File Types tab select the XLS file extension and at the bottom
of the dialog box you can change which program it opens
with there are also extra options on the advanced tab.

I haven't seen Excel override these settings although I know
Autocad will in certain circumstances. Having two versions
of Excel may confuse things, maybe not. A bit of trial and error
should sort things out.

HTH
Martin