Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
86 86 is offline

Default Day/Date formula

Awesome - thanks!

What about if I need to enter more than one date in the same cell?
eg '4-6/5/7' returns 'Fri, 4 - Sun, 6 May 2007'
or '4/5/7 - 6/5/7' returns 'Fri, 4 May 2007 - Sun, 6 May 2007'

I tried 'ddd, d mmmm yyyy - ddd, d mmmm yyyy' but that didn't work!

If the above is possible, can I instruct the software to distnguish between
single dates & doubles in the same column?

What I'm doing is making up a calander for a scout group, dates in the A
column.
Some activities go for one day, some others go for a weekend, week, etc.

In the past I've entered dates manually but when rushed I easily make
mistakes.
Having this date column automated would hopefully eleviate these mistakes!

Thanks

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Data Text to Columns Next Next select Date: DMY Finish

Custom Format
ddd, d mmmm yyyy

"86" wrote:

Is it possible to have a function where if you enter the date numerically, eg
'30/3/7'
it returns the DAY & date, eg 'Fri, 30th March 2007' ?

This would obviously work off the computer calander so as to ensure it gets
the day of the week correct.

Thanks