Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Viewing data in Excel while scrolling. Instead of the cell cou

I use win XP home and Office 2003.

I tried toggling those same settings and nothing changed for me in excel. (I
closed and reopened excel after each toggle, too.)

Computers can be strange beasts!

wrote:

We fixed her problem, but I can't explain it. It doesn't really make
sense to me.

Just out of curiosity I was having her check various settings on the
pc just to make sure everything looked as it should. I had her check
the System, Advanced, Performance settings. This is on XP by the way.
One of the settings in that list is "Smooth-scroll list boxes". I
don't think this really has anything to do with the problem, but not
having anything else to do I had her uncheck this box, save changes,
then go back in and check the box again. When we did this Windows
somehow took the opportunity to change her Windows Desktop theme as
well. Not sure why it did this, but there's a lot of things in this
situation I don't understand. Anyway, she went back and set her
desktop theme to Windows Classic.

After doing all this for some reason her scrolling works correctly in
Excel now. Like I said, it doesn't make sense to me, but it's working
now so she's happy.

--

Dave Peterson