Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default load a CSV file and have it take all fields as text

Change the CSV extension to TXT, and then you can use the wizard to open the
file.
--
David Biddulph

"cj" wrote in message
I would and it seems to me Excel used to bring up that wizard when I'd done
this kind of thing years ago but none of our pcs with excel open that
wizard. Double click a CSV file here and Excel springs up with it's
interpretation of what is in the file already loaded. It's Excel 2000 if
that makes a difference.

BoniM wrote:
When in the third step of the Text Import Wizard, change all columns from
General to Text.