Nipun

ok here's more detail:

1. I have an application from which I export data to .txt file
2. From excel I import the data
3. I auto refresh the imported data range everytime I want to update the
excel.

By doing # 3, there are new records which I want to get appended starting
from the last row or user defined row. But that doesn't happen and the
existing records are disturbed. i.e., new records (cells) overwrite/replace
the existing records.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Where do you want the new data to go? Where are the existing records?

Perhaps you can manually cut and paste at the end of the current data,
or create a macro to append the records. However, to get specific help,
you'll need to provide some details on what you're trying to do.

Nipun wrote:
How do I Insert new rows without disturbing existing records. I am using data
import and then populating the excel sheet. I have tried setting Data range
properties but that didn't help

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List