Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
R1C1 R1C1 is offline

Default "Personal.xls" Page

While learning to create macros, you probably recorded a macro. When you
recorded macro, a Personal.xls file was created on your computer. This file
is usually hidden. If you plan on continuing your education with macros, I
suggest you hide the Personal.xls workbook. With Personal.xls in the Active
Window, choose Window on your toolbar, then choose Hide. Close Excel and say
Yes to save changes to your Personal.xls. The next time you open Excel, the
workbook will be hidden and you can continue to record and learn VBA.

Regards,

Alan

"k'lyn" wrote in message
While taking an online class in Excel I learned to create macros. Now,
every
time I launch Excel, it opens Personal.xls instead of a blank worksheet -
or
it loads it first before the other document I am trying to open.

Why? and how do I go back/stop it?