Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Suzanne Suzanne is offline

Default Convert date field to month in Pivot table

Ok, think i figured it out. When you create your pivot table drag the date
field to the row area, then use the 'group' pivot option. Worked for me,
hope it helps you.

"MESTRELLA29" wrote:

Ok done that but still can't group by month, it is grouping by day's,

02-19-07 Total

02-21-07 Total

03-01-07 Total

03-05-07 Total

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I didn't suggest changing the data source.

MESTRELLA29 wrote:

Is there a way of doing this whitout changing the source data?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Put the date in a row field and then do the grouping.

Then drag that row field to the page field.

MESTRELLA29 wrote:

I have a Table wich has date fileds,
Date Order No. Qty Shipped
01-27-07
03-19-07
03-20-07

How do I go about to create a pivot table that groups this by month on the
Page Filed of the pivot table.

--

Dave Peterson

--