Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sadie Sadie is offline

Default Can't Open Certain Excel Files in Folder

Having same problem. Curious to know if your files were transferred from XP
to Vista via CD? Might your files be right protected? If so, do you know
how to unprotect?
--
Sadie

"Charles A C" wrote:

I am having problems opening certain excel files in a folder. I can open
some files but there are a few that give the following message:
This file cannot be accessed. Try one of the following:
- make sure file exist
- make sure folder is not read only
- does not contain <[]?:/
- not more than 218 characters
I have been working with these files and did copy them to another folder. I
can't access these certain files in any folder. I'm not sure what I have
done. I can open other excel files in this folder. Any thoughts?