Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
snakeinbenson snakeinbenson is offline

Default Can't copy data from cells between workbooks within the same e

Dave,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I am using the same version of excel. The 2 workbooks (tabs) are in
the same excel file. I am using excel 2000.

Regarding the macros, I am not sure how to tell if one is enabled. If I
goto Tools, Macros, I don't see anything that indicates a macro is running.

Thanks again, Terry.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

First, your subject got truncated.

But my question is are you sure that you're in the same instance of excel?

Open one workbook (anyway you want)
then use File|Open to open the second one.
then test out your copy|paste

If that doesn't work, is there any chance that you have any event macro
running. Lots of these macros can clear the clipboard.

snakeinbenson wrote:

I am working in an excel file with 2 tabs (2 workbooks). I cannot copy paste
between workbooks.

If I open a new file with 2 tabs the copy / paste between tabs works fine.

What setting in the existing file could be causing this. I am using Excel
2000.

Thanks !

--

Dave Peterson