Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CloudDoctor CloudDoctor is offline

Default three data validation tables related to each other

Hi Biff,

I'm trying to do exactly (I think) the same as Susan - but the link to your
sample worksheet won't work... has it moved? I'd really like to see it to
solve my problem!

Thanks

CloudDoctor

"T. Valko" wrote:

It would be easier to show you through a sample file than try to explain it
in writing!

Sample file:

DV.xls 14.5kb

http://cjoint.com/?cneUGXwjf1

I've also used conditional formatting to "clear" the dependent cells when a
new unrelated selection is made.

Biff

"Susan" wrote in message
I want to be able to relate the tables to the one previous to it.
If 'James' is picked from CLIENTS, I would like only 'James Job 1' and
'James Job 2' to be shown from JOBS.
If 'James Job 2 'is picked, then only 'James Job 2 Function 1' and 'James
Job 2 Function 2' and 'James Job 2 Function 3' to be shown from FUNCTION.

I have tried the INDIRECT function and made it work with 2 tables, but can
not seem to make it work with 3 tables.

eg:
CLIENTS
James