Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Ren Ren is offline

Default Cannot install excel

Please help! I am an absolute novice so a very basic reply would be very
helpful. My problem is that I installed Windows xp professional version 2002
and then downloaded service pack 2. My husband has noticed that we no longer
have excel on the computer so I put the original Windows disk in and clicked
"install excel". I then got a message saying "setup cannot continue because
the version of Windows on your computer is newer than the version on your CD"
and then scary stuff about uninstalling and losing stuff I have saved.

In my simple mind, I assume that I can just download an up to date version
of excel via the microsoft website but I have searched and searched and
cannot find how to do this. Please can anybody help?

Many thanks,
Ren.