Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated

My first thought is that you didn't save after you deleted the names--or you
missed them. Names don't just travel across workbooks. Do you have any macros
that you run that does any copying of worksheets (or inserts names)????

Synapsless wrote:

Oh Bummer! I came back into work this morning and all the problem was back.
I had to open the Name Manager and delete all the names again. Is it
possible the names have gotten into my PERSONAL.xls file? I have "view hidden
files" checked, but I can't seem to see the file in the location that the
Name Manager says that it is.

I'm stuck again.

Synapsless

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Two very nice utilities!

Synapsless wrote:

Dave,

Thank you so much, this worked quite well. I discovered my problem was
hidden in hidden names and had to use Jan Karel Pieterse' NameManager Program
at
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
With the two programs together I was able to solve the problem.
So thanks to all of you.

Synapsless

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Try Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Synapsless wrote:

I copied a sheet from another workbook as "Values Only". When I open the
workbook now I get a message "Workbook contains one or more links that connot
be updated". I can't seem to figure out where the links are in the workbook
and they do not pop up in my list of "Links..." I see no macros in the
workbook and I don't believe it would be in "Conditional Formatting" or
"Validation..." Any advice on where to look for this link or break it from
it's source to prevent the pop up message?

Synapsless

--

Dave Peterson

--