Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Hiding Formulas when the value is "0"?

Try something like

=IF(your_formula=0,"",your_formula)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Dallas MBA" <Dallas wrote in message
Does anyone know if Excel allows you to hide a formula when the result of
the
formula equals "0"? I have a huge spreadsheet that makes it difficult to
briefly scan the report and locate number values greater than "0" because
there are so many formulas that equal "0".

Existing View: 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0

Preferred View: 4 1 7

I don't want to see the zeros as in the "Existing View" above and want the
spreadsheet to appear like "Preferred View". I want to keep the formulas
in
the cells that equal "0", therefore I don't want to delete them to make
the
cells look blank. Any feedback is appreciated!