Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JamPowell JamPowell is offline

Default Alt Down Arrow Shortcut doesn't work when there are blank cell

Hi, I want to keep my entries in a column uniform but have the ability to do
a hard entry. I sue the Alt + down arrow to see what I have previously
entered and choose from the list or enter the new term. If I skip one cell
then the drop down is empty. It will not show the entries above the blank
cell.

I hope this make more sense.

"David McRitchie" wrote:

The shortcut Alt+Down is marked as pertaining
to a Filter. When I try it it only works on the cell
you use to select the filtering.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sortx2k.htm

What is it that you want to do?
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Techy Wannabe" wrote in message oups.com...
How come the AltDown Arrow Shortcut doesn't work when there are blank
cells in the column?

Is there a way to direct the shortcut to look at the entire column
without doing data validation?

Thank you so very much.