Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PSchmidt PSchmidt is offline

Default Crosstabs do not copy as I would like when copying worksheets

Roger, thanks for your response. I agree with your thinking for "normal"
cells, but NOT FOR PIVITTABLES!! (I believe).

For example, if I make a copy of sheet1 (which I have named "01-07"), the
Pivot table references cell range "'01-07'!$A$1:$C$6". And when I make a copy
of the sheet, even using the Ctrl-Key you suggested, the name of the new
worksheet is "01-07 (2)" as you would expect, but the pivot table STILL
REFERENCES the old range of "'01-07'!$A$1:$C$6" and NOT "'01-07
(2)'!$A$1:$C$6" as I would like. Doesn't it work this way for you ??

Note: This has been driving me crazy for years.

Thanks,

Peter

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

It depends upon how you are doing the copy.
If you have Sheet1 with a formula in A1 which say =Sheet1!B1,
then if you mark all the cells of the sheet (Ctrl+A)Copymove to
sheet2Paste
the Sheet2 cell A1 will say =Sheet1!A1.

However, if you hold down the Control button, click on the sheet tab and
drag to the right, this will create a copy of Sheet1 and it will be
titled by default as Sheet1 (2)
Cell A will have the formula ='Sheet1 (2)!'A1 which when you rename the
sheet to say "new" will become =new!A1.

If you are wanting to make the copy in another workbook, then right
click on the sheet tabMove or Copyclick make copySelect Destination
workbook and the behaviour will also be as described above.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"PSchmidt" wrote in message
When I make a copy of a worksheet (into a new tab in the same
workbook) that
contains a crosstab, the cell references of the crosstab retain the
reference
to the original (old) worksheet. This is not what I want.

In other words, when I copy a worksheet that contains crosstabs, I
have to
go into each crosstab on the new worksheet and reset all the cell