Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marc Marc is offline

Default Count occurances within a date range

Hi -

I now how to use count if, but I only want to count if the name appears
between a date range which is listed in column A and B.

"E-Coder" wrote:

If you are just trying to count how many times this person's "name" appears
in a range, use Countif. If you want to see how many times Mike's name
appears, use the following:

=COUNTIF(B1:H1,"Mike")

"Marc" wrote:

Hello -

I need to find the number of times a name occurs between two dates. Below
is a portion of my spreadsheet.

end begin 1/21/2006 1/28/2006 2/4/2006 2/11/2006
1/20/07 1/28/06 Name Name
1/27/07 1/28/06

The week ending dates continue across the top. I need to find out how many
week a person worked between the begin and end dates. Each record can have a
different beginning/ending date.

I hope I've given enough detail for someone to be able to answer my
question. I appreciate any time/help that the group can give.

Marc