Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default SELECT Query

Select the column of names, then
Use Data=Filter=Advanced Filter. Select Copy To and select the Uniques
checkbox in the lower left corner. Designate the output location and click
OK.

If you need it on another sheet, start the process with the destination as
the active selection and ignore any messages saying it can't find the data
source.

Tom Ogilvy

"TJ" wrote:

Hi
I am looking for a way of simulates a Access SELECT query in Excel. I have a
worksheet that contains multiple instances of different peoples names. This
worksheet is generated on a weekly basis and the names change, new ones
added, other not appearing etc. What I am looking for is something along
the lines of

"SELECT DISTINCT name FROM worksheet" and add these name to a seperate work
sheet. I have not got access to MS Access which would have made this easier
to do. I would like to try and do this if possible without the need to use
Excel VBA, but if it is the only way so be it. Any help appreciated.

Thanks TJ