Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default opening excel documents

Ryan

Are you saying that when you go to StartRun and enter "excel.exe /unregserver"
or "excel.exe /regserver" Excel opens?

With the "excel.exe /unregserver" command you should see nothing. Excel gets
"unregisterd". We run this command only to correct for any mis-registering
that might have occurred prior. Ususally not necessary, just a precaution that
does no harm as long as you follow with the "registering".

With the "excel.exe /regserver" command, Windows Installer should pop up and go
through a "configuring" routine for a minute or so.

Gord

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 06:14:06 -0800, Ryan wrote:

Hi, I'm having the same problems as Collen and have done as you have
suggested. Whenever I run the
excel.exe /unregserver or the regserver, it just opens a blank excel on both
occasions.
This is driving me nuts!