Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

Default Opening more than 1 Excel Spreadsheet

Catlady,

I think when you say "tab" you're referring to taskbar buttons on the taskbar. If you want
to see one button for each workbook that's open, do Tools - Options - View tab, and check
"Windows in taskbar." This has nothing to do, by the way, with sheet tabs, of which there's
one for each sheet in a workbook.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Catlady" wrote in message
I'm not sure if this is an Excel problem, but it doesn't do it in any of the
other software applications. If I have more than one Excel file open at a
time, I only get one tab on the bottom of my workspace instead of multiple
tabs. They are all stacked behind one open Excel spreadsheet which is really
messy and confusing to have to open them one at a time and close the others
in order to access them. Word doesn't do this and I can't find out what to
change to get out of this "stacking". Suggestions are welcome.