Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
scouserabbit scouserabbit is offline

Default nested if based on nested if in seperate sheet. how?

Sorry Dave,
I would attach the problem, but not sure how to

1st formula in sheet 1 - Yr 7 assessment, goes in cell S4
=IF(X411,"5",IF(X48,"4",IF(X43,"3",IF(X4=0,"",I F(X4<4,"2")))))

next formula in sheet 2 Yr 7 Report, goes in cell B5
='Yr 7 Assessment'!S4

final formula that won't work in sheet 2 yr 7 report goes in cell A8
=IF(B54,"5",IF(B53,"4", IF(B52,"3",IF(B51,"2","0"))))

hope this will do as not sure, what else I could do to show you.

Hope you can help

"Dave F" wrote:

Your question isn't clear. Post the formula that is giving you problems.

Dave

"scouserabbit" wrote:

I have created a nested if statement that works, it brings in a certain level
based on yes or no answers. In another sheet I have used and absolute cell
reference to the first sheets cell that contains the nested if statement.
But here is where I have a problem, when I tr to create a nested if
statement on the second sheet to bring up a comment based on what the
absolute reference is currently displaying. The statement does not work.
If I take away the absolute reference and just write any number in, then the
statement works fine and the appropriate comment is displayed.
Help please