Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Can't set axis max by date

Bernard -

This works for a line chart, but not for an XY chart. I consider this a bug.
I also consider it a bug that when you click on the value in the Max box,
39175.0, the whole number isn't highlighted. The "39175" part is
highlighted, while the ".0" is not.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
Tom,
I made a Line chart with dates in XL2007 and had no trouble entering a
date in the Maximum box.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"TomCon" wrote in message
I am finding in 2007 that if i go to the "format axis" dialog, and for
"max" put a date, like "5/1/07", this will not format the axis with that
as the maximum. I have to [correctly] translate it to the serial number
for the date (in this case 39203) and enter that value into the dialog.
In previous versions, one could just enter the date in this dialog and the
chart axis was correctly formatted with the date value that you entered
directly into the dialog as the correct max for the axis [with no need to
translate to serial number for that date].

Is this a bug? Or is this the intended behavior? If so, why? Its a
real hassle to go back to the sheet and figure out what the correct
serial number should be in order to enter it into the dialog. Is there
an option or a way around this [extremely irritating] behavior?

Thank you. tom