Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Alt Down Arrow Shortcut doesn't work when there are blank cells

Alt + Down Arrow opens the "Pick from drop down list"

I think you mean CTRL + Down Arrow and yes, it does stop at the first blank
cell.

How come? Cause that's the way it is.

Selecting cells in this manner has nothing in common with Data Validation that I
can think of.

To overcome the blank cells problem I use this macro to select the last cell in
a column.

Sub GODOWN()
Dim maxrow As Long
With ActiveCell.Parent.UsedRange
maxrow = .Cells(.Cells.Count).Row + 1
End With
ActiveCell.Parent.Cells(maxrow, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp).Select
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 28 Feb 2007 14:38:22 -0800, "Techy Wannabe"
wrote:

How come the AltDown Arrow Shortcut doesn't work when there are blank
cells in the column?

Is there a way to direct the shortcut to look at the entire column
without doing data validation?

Thank you so very much.