Dave Peterson

I don't have a guess what could be happening?

If you put
=REPT("asdf ",250)
in A1 and then Edit|copy, Edit|paste special|Values

Can you add more text to that cell?

ChaimB wrote:

Basically, nothing happens! The cursor does NOT move at all, and there
is a "BEEP".

For "debugging" purposes I set a LEN function on this cell in another
empty cell and the size remains the same/

Thanks,

Chaim

Dave Peterson Wrote:
What happens when your customer tries to enter the 1023rd character?

Maybe he or she is just not seeing them.

ChaimB wrote:-

Is this true for EXCEL 2000?

I have a file from a customer which currently has 1022 characters in
one particular cell and I have NOT been able to enter any additional
characters - I did try issuing ALT-ENTER but this does not seem to do
anything.

I have noticed that in EXCEL 2003 I CAN enter many more characters!

For my own edification, what dose the 32 KB limit give me if
operationally I can enter only 1 KB+ number of characters?

Thanks,

Chaim

Gord Dibben Wrote:-
Ned

The maximum is 32,767 characters to a cell.

However, as Frank points out, only 1024 will show or can be printed.

Increase the 1024 by using ALT + ENTER at appropriate spots.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 00:49:04 -0800, "NED 1451" NED
wrote:
-
Can anyone give me some info on the maximum text size you can put in
cell.
How many characters/words

Thanx.

NED 1451--