Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Combine non-matching dates in single chart

Use an XY chart, and make sure that you've got the appropriate set of data
in the X-axis values for each series.

The easiest way is probably to select your Interest A series data (both
columns), Insert Chart, set options appropriately, then select the data
(both columns) for your Interest B series, copy, click on the chart, Edit,
Paste Special, as new series, select categories (X values) in first column.
--
David Biddulph

"daan1903" wrote in message
s.com...
I want to create a chart that represents the development of two
different interest rates. The problem is that the dates associated
with the values of the two variables are not matching each other
exactly. I have hereunder included an example of the data ranges that
I would like to put in one combined chart.

Interest A Interest B
12/17/2006 4.3 12/17/2006 4.8
12/16/2006 4.2 12/16/2006 4.8
12/15/2006 4.2 12/13/2006 4.5
12/14/2006 4.3 12/12/2006 4.4
12/13/2006 4.2
12/11/2006 4.1

You can see that what I want to put on the X-axis are both dates, but
the rates are not measured on the same days. For interest A for
example it is only weekdays, for interest B also Saturdays included,
and some dates are missing in my data set.

I think there must be a way to avoid making any manual changes to put
matching dates next to each other.

Hopefully my explanation of the problem is clear and someone is able
to help me