Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default excel 2007 - compile error in hidden module - modcustomfunctio

the only one active is VSTO excel adapter.

Well, I'd see what happened with that one inactive. You can always put it
back.

Have you looked at Tools, References in the VBE when this app is active?
Anything 'missing'?

--
Jim
"David Bartosik" wrote in message
| there are a bunch that are under inactive applications, none that resemble
| this.
| the only one active is VSTO excel adapter.
|
| I don't find such a macro in the file. Viewing the macros in the workbook
| there are 3 - named as such - modMaintenance.gs[x]
|
| David
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| So in what workbook or add-in is the module modCustomFunctions? If it's
not
| in your client xls then it is presumably in an add-in. What add-ins are
| being loaded under Excel Options, Add-ins?
|
| --
| Jim
| "David" wrote in message
| | running excel 2007 on windows vista.
| |
| | have a client xls file that I know has macros and that is a protected
| | workbook.
| |
| | I have zero issues with the file in excel 2003 when I open the file.
all
| | data is there and intact and valid.
| |
| | in excel 2007 however several sheets in the workbook have all the
cells go
| | to #NAME
| |
| | I went into excel 2007 options and trust center options and turned on
the
| | enable all macros option to resolve that.
| |
| | however with that option on I get the VB error dialog - compile error
in
| | hidden module modCustomFunctions
| |
| | and the ok button and close is useless. excel has to be end tasked.
| |
| | excel 2007 becomes unuseable, the xls file unopenable.
| |
| | I have found zero documentation on the modcustomfunctions
| |
| | I have found documentation on compile error in hidden module, but
nothing
| | that is applicable here. I have zero files in both xlstart folders and
| have
| | Adobe reader 8.
| |
| | so I need help with resolving the issue of the vb error when macros
option
| | is turned on or being able to get the data values when macros is off.
| |
| |