Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Enter results in another cell

Using formulas alone you cannot "push" data from one cell to another.

You would need VBA to do what you want.

Post specific cell addresses.

i.e. cell L is not a valid reference whereas L23 is valid.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 08:44:34 -0800, cdsgidget
wrote:

HELP!
I want my amount cell to be either a manually enter or a result of other
cells.

i.e. cell L is amount.... i want to either enter $5.00 or pickup the result
of column d ("".42) or column k&h (K7*H7)

Problem I have is that cell L has a feature to clear all contents. Can I
enter a formula in one cell and have the results input in another cell.