Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default custom chart... please help!

That's different than I envisioned. I thought the person wanted a summary
similar to a box and whisker chart but showing the points in addition to the
summary bars.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Del Cotter" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
ShaneDevenshire said:

It's possible to have a column and xy scatter but...

I think we would need to see some sample data and an explanation of what
the
desired results would be for that sample.

I think he means each marker in the scatter chart to be a tiny column
chart. I've done something like that before, using error bars for the
columns. There needs to be a sort of horizontal jitter to separate the
columns from each other, and a way to mark where the exact point on the
scatter chart is meant to be.

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to