Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Scott McPhillips [MVP] Scott McPhillips [MVP] is offline

Default Update chart with new row - not working in 007

I have a stacked area chart that I have been updating for years. The X
axis is date and I add a new date row weekly. In previous versions of
Excel, to update the chart each week I could simply select the new row
of data and then drag and drop it onto the chart.

That doesn't work with Excel 2007 (it copies or moves the selected
data). I also tried the 'Select Data' dialog, but it says "The data
range is too complex to be displayed. If a new range is selected it
will replace all of the series in the series panel." The chart date
range in that dialog is blank. (I use a simple rectangular range, but
it is pretty big (AZ x 508)).

So I don't see a way to add the new row of data into the existing chart.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]