Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John John is offline

Default Merging multiple columns of data into one column of data

I think all you can do is set the column width and format the cells to word
wrap. You will need spaces between words so if there is not a space at the
end of each word you will need to use =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1," ",C1," ",D1,"
",E1)
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Archangel" wrote:

John - That worked great the data is all in one cell now. Is there a way to
put each one of those columns on a 'new' line in the concatenated column?
Mike

"john" wrote:

try =CONCATENATE(A1,B1,C1,D1,E1)
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003
Please reply & rate any replies you get

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Archangel" wrote:

I have a large spread sheet that I inherited... I need to merge five columns
of text data into one column.
Example:

Before...
A B C D E